Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.4.5 / 5 (User Rating)
Avaz AAC is an augmentative and alternative communication app that empowers children & adults having speech-related difficulties with a voice of their own. A fully-featured speech app that also includes a training module for new AAC users & caregivers.
The research-based pragmatic vocabulary consists of over 15,000 symbols (Symbolstix) with a variety of high-quality voices that a communicator regardless of their ability can tap to form sentences quickly. With a wide range of personalisation & customisation options, you can make Avaz AAC your own in just a matter of minutes.
Core words, as we know make up for 75% to 80% of what we speak during our typical day. These core words are laid out in an order that is based on extensive years of research. This allows users to grow steadily from using 1-2 word phrases to full sentences using Avaz AAC.
+ Picture mode
- 3 levels of vocabulary laid out in a consistent pattern to ensure quick access and motor memory that grows with the communicator.
- Color-coded words with Fitzgerald key allows quick correlation of part of speech with other special ed classroom materials.
- Zooming in and out of words to reassure the communicator of the selection made (visual reinforcement)
- For more advanced users of AAC, choose not to show the pictures in the message box and also change the number of pictures displayed (from 1-77)
- Add and personalise multiple words and folders in a matter of seconds.
- Quickly search for words and see their path.
+ Keyboard mode
- Create sentences with just a few taps with a powerful prediction system.
- Have spell check for words that are commonly misspelt.
- Assign an entire sentence to a letter on the keyboard to quickly load them.
- Quickly speak out sentences by adding them to the quick bar.
- Track the communicator’s progress over time with the help of rich, easy to understand graphs and charts.
- Create more conversation opportunities into the communicator’s life through an activity-based dashboard. You will get conversation ideas, strategies, and modeling training for the most frequent activities of daily living.
- Resources: Access 100s of tips and research-based papers related to AAC & AT.
+ Key features
- Quickly backup and restore the vocabulary across several devices via Dropbox, AirDrop or iTunes.
- Share a folder with other Avaz AAC users.
- Seek the attention of the caregiver with the ‘mistake’ & ‘alert’ button.
- Create a PECS book by creating a PDF file in the app and printing it onto a binder.
- Access to FAQs and support desk in the app.
- Add a passcode to settings & edit mode.
+ Volume Purchase Program (VPP)
- With purchases of 20+ licenses, we are glad to offer a discount of 50% on the total price.
Avaz AAC - Lifetime Edition was formerly known as Avaz Pro.
If you wish to try before purchasing, you can download our other app “Avaz AAC” and use it for 14 days before subscribing to a monthly, yearly or annual plan.
We are always happy to hear from you. For any questions, support or general, please feel free to write to us at [email protected]