Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.1 / 5 (User Rating)
The Wheelmap iPhone App is the mobile app for Wheelmap.org, an open, free and global online map for wheelchair-accessible places provided by Sozialhelden e.V.
With the app, all iPhone and iPod touch users can find, mark and add accessible and less accessible public places on a virtual map. Users can also upload photos and add comments to places.
With the provided information mobility-impaired people can easily find out which underground stations, restaurants, cafes or clubs around them are accessible and which are not. This increases their mobility and participation in society, creating more public awareness for their needs and rights.
Everyone can get engaged and help by marking the wheelchair accessibility of public places with the easy traffic light system.
Wheelmap is based on OpenStreetMap and works similar to Wikipedia - everyone can contribute to improving the accumulated data. The app draws its information directly from the net. All data is always up to date.
- To search for places and to mark the accessibility status of an existing place, no registration is required.
- To add a new place or upload photos to a place you need an account for Wheelmap.org and OpenStreetMap. You can only log in to the app with your Wheelmap-Account!
- Open the app and click on the user symbol (bottom right corner)
- Click on "Register"
- Follow the process to set up your OpenStreetMap account
- In the last step of this process, also set up your Wheelmap account
- You have to confirm the two accounts by clicking on the confirmation links in the two confirmation emails
- Log in to the app with your Wheelmap account; log in on Wheelmap.org with your OpenStreetMap account
Wheelmap was developed by the non-profit organisation Sozialhelden e.V.. It's Sozialhelden's aim to address social challenges with innovative approaches.