Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.3.8 / 5 (User Rating)
Ava helps anyone to have easier and more accessible communications with deaf and hard-of-hearing people. The app provides 24/7 real-time captioning (with up to 95% accuracy, based on artificial intelligence), on their smartphone.
Transcribing any live communication has never been that easier for individuals or organizations who wish to be accessible!
1) Set up Ava on your phone to instantly transcribe what people say (with 95% accuracy when they're a meter away). Tap words to correct them and teach Ava to transcribe them right.
2) For group conversations where speakers are further than 1 meter away, invite them to download Ava and connect to you: Ava will show a real-time color-coded transcript of who says what.
Never miss again meetings at work, family dinners or social gatherings!
3) Need accessibility in more complex situations? Head to the "More Accessibility" menu and learn how to set up Ava in any situation.
Examples of ways people use Ava:
- Didn’t get what the guy in front of you said? With your smartphone' mic, Ava hears well and shows you word by word what is said. Instant captions, in your pocket, always available.
- Communicate much faster with hearing people, than with pen/paper or notes apps! Type what you want to say, and have Ava speak it for you. Besides, if you connect to friends via Ava by sharing to them your Ava Name, what each person will show up with their own color. What you type appears right away on their screens for incredibly faster communication!
- Push the limits of what you thought you wouldn't have access to. With Ava and easy to find equipments, you could understand vendor tips, doctor's appointments, worship services, classroom lectures, and even online videos and conference calls! Ava paves the way towards a 24/7 accessible world. Visit www.ava.me/life for more details on how other pioneers of accessibility use Ava!
***Find all of the latest Ava news on our Twitter account @avascribe***
HOW PLANS WORKS:
Sign up gives you a complimentary free month of the Ava Freedom Plan – no credit card required. You'll be able to start conversations with unlimited captioning time, and use Ava anytime, anywhere. Once your free month is over, you'll be automatically switched to the Free Plan:
Free Plan – $0 forever
Start conversations and caption up to 5 hours every month for everyone.
Joining another Ava user's conversation never uses your captioning credit.
Premium Plan (for individuals) – $29.99 a month
Start conversations with no limit, anytime, anywhere.
Benefit from team's help to setup your accessibility in your daily life (work, school, events, place of worship, etc.)
Pro Plans (for organizations) – Contact our sales team via our website at www.ava.me
Set up Ava accessibility to make communications in your organization accessible to your deaf/hard-of-hearing members/visitors.
Questions? Suggestions? You can speak to a real person at Ava. Our trusty customer support team is just an email away --- simply write us at: [email protected]
- Your $29.99 USD subscription to the Ava Freedom Plan guarantees you a renewing 30-day period of unlimited captioning time.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of your purchase.
- Your Ava Freedom subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the month.
- Your account will be charged $29.99 USD for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
- Your subscription may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
- Any unused portion of the Free hours will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to Freedom.