iPhone: Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
iPad: Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
iPod touch: Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
Mac: Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.3.6 / 5 (User Rating)
**One of CNN's 7 apps to help survive a tornado**
Get your family and home ready for a tornado. The American Red Cross tornado app is the complete solution you need to understand and prepare for a tornado and all that comes with it. With interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to be ready!
Ahora disponible en español.
• Free and available in English and Spanish
• Audible siren when NOAA issues a Tornado warning for any of your monitored locations letting you know when it’s time to go to your safe room plus an all-clear alert when the warning expires (Note: Alerts' sounds will NOT override if phone is on vibrate or in sleep mode)
• Customizable alerting and push notification options.
• Easy to view alert feed with the ability to remove alerts.
• Simple step-by-step instructions to help you know what-to-do even if the cell towers and TVs are down.
• Prioritized actions for before, during, and after requires no mobile connectivity
• Help distant friends and family in tornado alley with ability to receive tornado watch and warning alerts based on their location from NOAA
• Map with open Red Cross shelters and other weather-related layers.
• Be ready should a tornado hit by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation
• Reduce your household’s stress and anxiety should a tornado hit by learning to make and practice an emergency plan
• Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your tornado knowledge
• Know the difference between a watch and a warning
• Learn how to deal with food and water impacted by floods and power outages
• Simply let friends/family know you’re safe with customizable “I’m Safe” notification sharable thru social media, text and email
• Let others know where you are with the Toolkit’s strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions