Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.(No User Ratings)
Scan and Match is a fun educational activity for kids from 2 to 4 years. Scan and Match builds on Touch and Match, our popular game where students match objects by simply touching them on the screen. Scan and Match offers many variations of that activity, with lots of options to make the matching easier or more difficult.
Some students, whether too young, or physically or cognitively challenged, cannot easily use the touch screen interface to access the program. For these students, we offer a variety input methods, and they can use an external keyboard or switches to control the program.
Switches must be connected to the device through a switch interface. The most common interfaces are Bluetooth wireless devices, such as AbleNet's Blue2 Switch and RJ Cooper's BlueTooth Switch Interface. RJ Cooper also offers a 4-switch model which allows the student to play Scan and Match with 4 choices and direct selection.
Program features include:
- Select from 2 to 4 choices
- Solve by matching full color objects to color, grayscale or outlined objects.
- Control animations speeds
- Record student scores with fun baseball-like scoreboard
- Cause and effect mode for students as young as 9 months
- Direct selection or scanning with touch screen, keyboard or external switches
- Single-switch timed auto-scan or 2- or 3-switch step scanning
- Scan sequentially or in random order
- Scan immediately or on cue
- Control of scan cursor width and color
- Optionally set background color for solid background instead of graphic background
- Control of sounds for scanning and selection
- Smooth scanning option reinforces iPad look and feel
- Optional background music